London Fashion Week - by Rosa, Laura and Lois
In February, three young women – two of them ourselves - went to London Fashion Week for the first time in their live and saw the John Rocha masterpiece. John Rocha is known for his extravagant designs and crochet work and showed the young ladies a whole new side to the fashion industry. We interviewed Abbie, the other lady with whom we went.
1. Abbie, how was your first experience of London Fashion Week?
It was fun and exciting. I really enjoyed seeing the catwalk and all the other designs.
2. Which was the most memorable part?
The catwalk, probably, because it was the first I had experienced. It was atmospherically awesome.
3. What did you think of the fashion you saw on the runway?
It was very outgoing and included a lot of large-necked pieces.
4. Would you wear what you saw?
No, because it’s too out there for me.
5. Do you think the location worked well with the fashion?
Yes, because there was a lot of space to have lots of amazing designs
6. Who was your favourite designer in the stores?
Fifi Chachnil, because I adore the Parisian touch and her pieces are delicate and beautiful.
7. Has the show inspired you in any way?
It’s inspired me to be bolder in expressing myself through fashion no matter what people think
8. Will you be returning in the summer?
We were lucky enough to be able to speak with Fifi’s press contact. We asked her a few questions about her work and London Fashion Week.
1. What inspires Fifi Chachnil’s designs?
The Moulin Rouge, Eiffel Tower, fantasy, girly things and Parisian couture.
2. Was London Fashion Week a good moment for Fifi?
Yes, because she has many boutiques in London and is inspired by London girls.
3. What stores does she collaborate with?
She is mainly boutiques but she has clothes in Selfridges and finnick.
4. How did she become successful in the fashion industry?
She is currently celebrating her 30th anniversary of her career in the fashion industry. She started off as a singer but had always designed fashion.
We were also able to contact John Rocha’s press contact and interviewed him on his work:
1. What inspire John Rocha’s designs?
Many things, some of which are art, flowers and the south of France
2. How closely does his daughter work with his design?
They’re independent in the fashion industry but they help each other with designs.
3. Was the London fashion week a good moment for John Rocha?
Yes, it helps promote his work. As his PR, we ensured that celebrities were wearing his design and that meant more people were attracted to his stores.
4. What stores does John Rocha prefer to associate with?
He has his own store but he also works with Debenhams
5. How did he become successful in the fashion industry?
Rocha has been in the fashion industry for most of his life and has built up a reputation. His designs are also very extravagant which helps attract publicity.
The fashion world is a volatile place, but hopefully these successes will inspire you, thanks for reading.
Hinchley Wood Recycled Material Fashion Show - by Emily and Lucy
This year Miss Chalke is running the Hinchley Wood recycled material fashion show were the whole of year 8 will go in to the hall and for the whole day everyone will be put into groups and in each group there will be two models a girl and a boy. The rest of the group will be doing the designing of the costumes at the end there will be a big catwalk and the chosen models will walk down it modelling the costume that you have made and at the end there will be a winner. The theme is water , wind or sun. We spoke to Mr Allcock about how challenging such an event can be.